OverviewTeaching: 180 min Exercises: TODO minQuestions
What legal considerations must be kept in mind to facilitate sharing and reproducibility?Objectives
Become familiar with aspects of ownership, licensing, and consent forms
Choose appropriately from among common licenses
You can skip this lesson if you can answer these questions:
- What license would you choose for your code, or for your dataset?
- How can you anonymize your data?
- Does your experiment participant consent form allow for public sharing of data?
- Software Carpentry: Version Control with Git (full: 20m) – work through the Licensing submodule
- Four aspects to make science open “by design” and not as an after-thought (full: 20m) – a brief correspondence which recapitulates the aforementioned considerations – trademarks, ownership, licensing, and participant consent – in the scope of scientific practice
- Latest anonymization tools for neuroimaging (full: 10m) – review anonymization tools available for various types of data in neuroimaging
Exercise: de-face a T1-weighted anatomical scan
De-face an anatomical scan using your knowledge of VCSs to track your actions according to best practices for reproducibility.
- create sub-dataset
% cd ds000114 % .... TODO
Clear up any legal as early as possible in the timeline of a project
Choose a standard license for your materials to ease dissemination