OverviewTeaching: 180 min Exercises: TODO minQuestions
What are the legal aspects to be kept in mind to ease sharing and reproducibility?Objectives
To become familiarized with aspects of ownership, licensing, and consent forms
Be able to choose appropriately from among common licenses
You can skip this lesson if you can answer these questions:
- What license would you choose for your code, or for your dataset?
- How can you anonymize your data?
- Does your experiment participant consent form allow for any public sharing of data?
- Software Carpentry: Version Control with Git (full: 20m) – Go through the
- Four aspects to make science open “by design” and not as an after-thought (full: 20m) – a brief correspondence which recapitulates the aforementioned four aspects: trademarks, ownership, licensing, and participant consent in the scope of the scientific practice.
- Latest anonymization tools for neuroimaging (full: 10m) – Review anonymization tools available for various types of data in neuroimaging.
How can we deface a T1 anatomical scan?
Please deface an anatomical scan. Try to use knowledge of VCSs to track your actions in the best way possible for future reproducibility!
- create sub-dataset
% cd ds000114 % .... TODO
Clear up all the “legal” aspects allowing your work to be reproducible as soon as possible in the course of your research project
It is advisable to choose some standard license for your materials to ease dissemination